Gwinnett has been able to accelerate our digital conversion efforts faster than would have otherwise been possible as a direct result of our collaboration with IMS Global and its members.
IMS, under leadership of our K-12 Institutional Executive Board and member districts, has been helping districts implement IMS Interoperablity standards that yield the following benefits:
- Personalized learning as the “new normal”: Enable personalized assignment by the teacher or adaptive release to students of appropriate curriculum resources based on need
- Standards and competency focused curriculum: Organize instructional and professional development resources according to learning standards or objectives
- Actionable data across diverse tools from multiple suppliers: Provide ongoing and rapid assessment data to teachers, students and parents, indicating areas needing improvement
- Easily utilize remediation resources from multiple suppliers: Enable rapid linking of areas needing improvement to professional development resources and additional curriculum resources
- Seamless connectivity between teaching and learning platforms and publisher/application provider systems: Significantly reduce the time and money it takes to integrate third party systems into the district eco-system