Sharebar?

Is there no defined manifest element in XML Schema file?

Is there no defined manifest element in XML Schema file?

I have been reviewing the XSD files for Common Cartridge 1.3 and noticed that there is no element defined for the "manifest" element used in all file examples for the root element in the imsmanifest.xml file. I also reviewed the implementation documentation and it too doesn't call out even a convention that the name of the element should be "manifest". Based on what I can see the name of the root element of the imsmanifest.xml file can be anything at all. I can be "foo" and any 1EdTech compliant CC importer must be able to still import it just fine.

Just want to make sure I am understanding that there is no requirement either in XSD or other written specification requiring what the name of the root node of the imsmanifest.xml be and because of that all compliant CC importers are required to ignore the name of the root element, and only care that there is one.

If I am missing something someplace where it is stating that it should be "manifest" please point me to the documentation in the specification stating it or the XSD file that enforces it.

Hey, Colin Smythe pointed me

Hey, Colin Smythe pointed me to it and figured I would share the answer here.

Line 844 in the XSD 'ccv1p3_imscp_v1p2_v1p0.xsd’.