Sharebar?

LTI 1.3 + LTI Advantage vs OneRoster

LTI 1.3 + LTI Advantage vs OneRoster

I'm new to the IMS Global standards game, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. But it seems to me that there is a great deal of capability overlap between LTI 1.3 coupled with LTI Advantage and the OneRoster standard. As a tool provider we are looking to understand the value of developing solutions that allow integration via accepted standards, and are trying to prioritize efforts. It seems as though if we go after LTI 1.3 and LTI Advantage, we are able to accomplish most, if not all, of what is possible with OneRoster. Which begs the question of why we would attempt to develop against both of these standards.

Of course we will consider the needs of the market and what standards the tools we will integrate with are aligned with in our decision-making, but capability is another key input and I'm struggling to understand the differences between these two products (beyond CSV batch processing support in OneRoster). Any insights from folks smarter than I would be greatly appreciated.