Dr. Sedrick thirty-four year career bridges industry and academia, with a focus on technology-based economic development and technical workforce development. He currently serves as Associate Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs for the Tennessee Board of Regents.
His duties include:
- TN eCampus (formerly RODP, ROCC) – Collaboration of 6 universities, 13 community colleges, and 27 technical colleges delivering on-line degrees, courses, and certifications across Tennessee.
- Promotion and Tenure – Review for recommendation to Regents for annual approval.
- Certification/Badging- Create new system-wide certification stacking within program offerings.
- Workforce Development- Create and manage clinical opportunities through the 9 TBR academic foci career paths. One example www.ready2teach.org.
- Course Revitalization- Lead and manage redesign of curriculum with latest teaching strategies and technology.
- Critical Conversations- Utilizing social media to collect and distribute TEDx like messages from Tennessee Board of Regents Chairs of Excellence across the system.
- STEM- Focused effort to monitor and assist in meeting Tennessee’s workforce need for scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians.