Learn More About IMS
IMS is a non-profit global leader in the development, adoption, and impact of open vendor-neutral information technology infrastructure for learning. IMS work is being adopted around the world by leading institutions across K-20, suppliers, and government organizations.
Adoption of IMS enables new, more effective approaches to learning while making the IT enterprise more efficient and responsive. IMS is currently focused on solving a wide range of key problems that have been holding back achievement of next generation learning. Learn more about how IMS is helping its members and the global education community:
- Open, Agile, Outcomes-Focused Next Generation Academic Enterprise : How do K-20 institutions and educational systems maximize the effectiveness of their IT infrastructure? Institutional and system-wide adoption of IMS interoperability standards establishes the foundation for the next generation.
- Seamless, Rapid Integration of Innovative Learning Applications and Tools: IMS provides the ultimate advantage to organizations or individuals that develop or use learning applications or tools. IMS Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) enables plug and play into any learning management software that is IMS certified.
- Next Generation Open Digital Content and Assessment: IMS educational content standards establish the innovation framework for the next generation of digital content and assessment – today! And, publishing to the IMS standards means that the content is “write once, run anywhere!”
- Continuous Instructional Improvement, Innovation, and Personalized Education: IMS interoperability standards are the foundation for the next generation digital learning infrastructure that enables continuous instructional innovation and improvement. IMS, via ourI3LC K-12 initiative.
- Institutions, Suppliers and Governments are Creating the Future with IMS The work of IMS is both evolutionary and revolutionary. It is only possible because of the IMS Contributing Member – the world’s leaders in learning impact! Contributing Members of IMS include institutions of all types (universities, colleges, university systems, schools, school districts, local education authorities, state education authorities), suppliers, and government organizations.