IMS Global Learning Consortium, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is hiring!
IMS facilitates and leads member collaboration to develop, implement and evolve open interoperability standards and practices to enable a plug & play architecture and ecosystem that provides a foundation on which innovative products are rapidly deployed and work together for the benefit of instructors, students, and institutions. As part of the IMS Global team, you will be working with IMS member organizations who are leading edtech suppliers, K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and states around the world to enable better education from better education technology. This includes working closely with educational institutions and school to set priorities and accelerate adoption.
To apply for a position, please send an email explaining why you are a good fit along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
1EdTech Development Manager: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled 1EdTech Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience with the OneRoster specification and be responsible for managing software projects and coordinating delivery of products for the 1EdTech development efforts. Learn more about the responsibility and requirements for this position.
Graphic/Web Designer: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled, full-time Graphic/Web Designer who is a superior conceptualizer and visualizer. He or she should be capable and eager to provide both graphic and web solutions to help describe/visualize technical concepts related to education technology for both technical and non-technical audiences. Candidate must be able to create graphic images that foster design consistency in branding, layout, color and typography in print, digital media and web design. Learn more about the responsibility and requirements for this position.
Job Requisition: 1EdTech Development Manager
The Development Manager will be responsible for facilitating and managing software projects around the 1EdTech development efforts.
The Development Manager will facilitate an agile software development process, be skilled at coordinating internal resources and third parties and develop a detailed project plan to track progress. He/she will provide day-to-day oversight and maintenance of source code repositories, and development projects, working closely with project participants to ensure consistency and quality across the developed software. The development manager should ensure that all releases are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budgeted resources.
- Manage agile software development and systems projects from initiation through completion, and promote project management best practice
- Coordinate with sponsors, stakeholders, and project teams to define and document project goals, scope, requirements, and outcomes
- Provide status updates (both verbally and in writing) to project teams, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Coordinate and plan for the delivery and deployment of products
- Support development effort by writing code, configuring cloud servers and doing whatever is need to ensure a successful product delivery.
- Maintain Github repos
- Focus on and build community providing support and documentation for users.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; 2 of which should be managing an agile process
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of OpenAPI and Swagger
- Experience using and maintaining Github repositories
- Experience with Java, Node.js, and Cloud platforms
- Experience using IMS OneRoster standard or other standards-based APIs
- A quick learner, self-directed possessing excellent problem-solving skills
- Enjoy helping others solve technical problems
- Quickly and efficiently switch focus among multiple concurrent tasks
- Technical support or customer service experience
- Technical writing experience
- Comfortable presenting technical information to technical and non-technical audience
Location is Flexible
Job Requisition: Graphic/Web Designer
IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled, full-time Graphic/Web Designer & Developer who is a superior conceptualizer and visualizer. He or she should be capable and eager to provide both graphic and web solutions to help describe/visualize technical concepts related to education technology for both technical and non-technical audiences. Candidate must be able to create graphic images that foster design consistency in branding, layout, color and typography in print, digital media and web design.
- Work with IMS staff to obtain an in-depth understanding of IMS key initiatives and IMS value proposition to address institution-specific challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and/or work autonomously. Amicably accepts direction from marketing and product teams and adhere to agreed deadlines
- Independently create and manage a multitude of Graphic/Web projects from start to finish in a timely manner: collateral materials; print advertisements; web templates; email templates; landing pages; web graphics/ad banners; PDF/InDesign reports; photo editing; etc.
- Implements web design style guides and visual standards, including but not limited to, graphics, icons, color schemes, etc.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to communicate through multiple methods with client, client marketing, project management, development, and managers.
- Solid team communication and ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects, maintaining schedules and meeting tight deadlines
- Knowledge of current design practices both online and off are necessary
- Must have work experience using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Photoshop
- Must have work experience with Responsive Web Design
- Ability to follow strict brand and visual guidelines
- Knowledge of Drupal back-end helpful
- Must be able to provide examples or a portfolio of previous work showcasing examples of print design, web graphics, and web design
- A minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree
Location is Flexible