IMS Global Learning Consortium, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is hiring!
IMS facilitates and leads member collaboration to develop, implement and evolve open interoperability standards and practices to enable a plug & play architecture and ecosystem that provides a foundation on which innovative products are rapidly deployed and work together for the benefit of instructors, students, and institutions. As part of the IMS Global team, you will be working with IMS member organizations who are leading edtech suppliers, K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and states around the world to enable better education from better education technology. This includes working closely with educational institutions and school to set priorities and accelerate adoption.
To apply for a position, please send an email explaining why you are a good fit along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Technical Standards Architect: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled, Technical Standards Architect, who is responsible primarily, but not exclusively, for its Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI) group of standards. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of LTI and related extensions, the ability to lead the technical progress in workgroups in active collaboration with members, the skills to provide technical consultation and support to members implementing the standards, and the software development skills to create and update software libraries and tools to help members with their integrations. Learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- Represent the IMS architect team in workgroup meetings, consulting, advising and directing members as needed to achieve IMS compliant standards
- Develop software interoperability standards artifacts (Standard Specifications, Implementation Guides, Other Resources) in active collaboration with contributing member architects and engineers
- Maintain software libraries intended to help members quickly implement IMS standards
- Work with IMS engineers to support development of the IMS compliance test system for assigned standard(s)
- Provide timely support to IMS member organizations to facilitate their IMS standards adoption, testing and certification
- Post frequently asked questions and answers to help membership
- Respond promptly to member posted technical questions
- Develop Implementation guides for tool providers and tool consumers
- Foster community building and participation by members
- Provide training and workshops to help speed implementations
- Occasionally represent IMS at various meetings and conferences as agreed in advance
- Endeavor to help grow and provide direction for future IMS standards development
- Works closely and cooperatively with other IMS Technical staff
- Attend weekly staff calls
- Provide a weekly report shared with all staff
- Follow an agile, iterative development methodology
- Understand the difference between IMS members and non-members and ensure that members receive priority support
- Maintain member-only access to IMS work products not available for public use
- Provide on average a minimum of 40 hours of work to IMS per week in performance of the above services.
- Ensure Monday-Friday availability based on U.S. Eastern time from 9:00-5:00 with periodic availability to 5:00 pm Pacific time
- As required, travel to IMS quarterly meetings for up to six days duration
- Other duties as assigned and adherence to IMS policies
- Fluent in two or more technical programming languages of (C#, Java, JS, Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Advanced experience in the use of GitHub, OpenAPI/Swagger, Slack and other technical tools
- Experience developing software solutions using REST-based web services
- Experience with security frameworks including OAuth2, JSON Web Tokens
- Knowledge of W3C standards
- Knowledge of IMS standards such as Learning Information Services, OneRoster, Caliper
- Advanced knowledge of the Learning Tools Interoperability Standard