Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI®) Resource Search
LTI Resource Search defines how to search digital repositories for a set of resources. The standard addresses searching learning object repositories (LORs), and other catalogs of learning resources, from learning tools using various attributes of resources and returning full metadata about the resources to the learning tools. Results can be launched either as URLs or LTI links. The benefit for an educator or student using the learning tool (such as a Learning Management System) is the seamless ability to search resource libraries for appropriate resources and transparent launching of those resources.
Resource Search provides a framework for:
- Learning tools (search consumers) to query learning repositories (search providers)
- Learning repositories to return metadata about each learning resource
- Specific and defined metadata included in the search results
- Link to the learning object via URL or LTI link
- Relevancy rating
- Metadata (these fields are defined within the standard and include but are not limited to resource type, owner of the resource, educational audience, and language)
- Introduction to Resource Search
- Real-World Scenarios
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Conformance Candidate Final doc - draft 1 (Member Login Required)
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Candidate Final Specification Documents - draft 1 (Member Login Required)
- Resource Search Best Practices and Implementation Guide
- How to Get Your Product IMS Conformance Certified
- Search-Organize-Deliver with LTI Resource Search (video demonstration)
In this brief 14-minute presentation and demo from a 2018 conference, Vikash Jaiswal, chief technology officer at Knovation, Inc., demonstrates the implementation of this upcoming IMS standard between Knovation and other early adopters, SAFARI Montage, SchoolCity and ACT's OpenEd Repository.
- Finding and Delivering the Right Resource (video demonstration)
In this brief 6 minute presentation and demo from a 2018 conference, Dr. Pepper Williams, Director of Product Strategy, at SchoolCity, Inc. demonstrates the implementation of LTI Resource Search in SchoolCity's Personalized Review Assignment tool including integration with Knovation, Inc. and ACT's OpenEd Repository.