LTI Resource Search
|Public Resources||Member Resources|
Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI®) Resource Search is a standard that defines how to search digital repositories for a set of resources. It addresses searching learning object repositories (LORs), and other catalogs of learning resources, from learning tools using various attributes of resources and returning full metadata about the resources to the learning tools. Results can be launched either as URLs or LTI links. The benefit for an educator or student using the learning tool (such as a Learning Management System) is the seamless ability to search resource libraries for appropriate resources and transparent launching of those resources.
Resource Search provides a framework for:
- Learning tools (search consumers) to query learning repositories (search providers)
- Learning repositories to return metadata about each learning resource
- Specific and defined metadata included in the search results
- Link to the learning object via URL or LTI link
- Relevancy rating
- Metadata (these fields are defined within the standard and include but are not limited to resource type, owner of the resource, educational audience, and language)
Developers' Community Resources
- Resource Search Github Community (Member Login Required)
- LTI Resource Search Service (Version 1.0) OpenAPI Definition
- Open Source Resources and Demo
Student Learning Data Model
- The IMS Student Learning Data Model visualizes a digital ecosystem interconnected with real-time data. Log in with your IMS member credentials to access specification-level Mapping and Discovery in the tool.
- Introduction to Resource Search
- Real-World Scenarios
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Specification Documents
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Certification Guide
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Errata
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Implementation Guide
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 Information Model
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 OpenAPI Definition
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 REST/JSON Binding
- LTI Resource Search 1.0 OpenAPI YAML version
- NEW LTI Resource Search 1.0 Developers Guide
- Quick Reference: Resource Search Metadata
- Open Source Resources and Demo
- (Recorded Webinar) A Developer's Guide to LTI Resource Search: Building Connections to LORs
- Student Learning Data Model
- How to Get Your Product IMS Conformance Certified
- Why LTI Resource Search? (video presentation)
In this ACT Tech Talk, Adam Blum, senior director OpenEd/ACTNext, explains why suppliers should consider implementing LTI Resource Search and what this new standard includes.
- LTI Resource Search - Technical Congress Update August 2018
- LTI Resource Search for Educators (presentation)
This presentation provides an overview of one of IMS Global's newest standards, LTI Resource Search. In this presentation, learn the basic features of the standard and how it can benefit institutions.
- Search-Organize-Deliver with LTI Resource Search (video demonstration)
In this brief 14-minute presentation and demo from a 2018 conference, Vikash Jaiswal, chief technology officer at Knovation, Inc., demonstrates the implementation of this upcoming IMS standard between Knovation and other early adopters, SAFARI Montage, SchoolCity, and ACT's OpenEd Repository.
- Finding and Delivering the Right Resource (video demonstration)
In this brief 6-minute presentation and demo from a 2018 conference, Dr. Pepper Williams, Director of Product Strategy, at SchoolCity, Inc. demonstrates the implementation of LTI Resource Search in SchoolCity's Personalized Review Assignment tool including integration with Knovation, Inc. and ACT's OpenEd Repository.
- Resource Search Checklist and RFP Language
This guide provides specific language for requesting products, which are IMS Global conformance certified in one of IMS Global's newest standards, LTI Resource Search.