IMS Global Learning Consortium, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is hiring!
IMS facilitates and leads member collaboration to develop, implement and evolve open interoperability standards and practices to enable a plug & play architecture and ecosystem that provides a foundation on which innovative products are rapidly deployed and work together for the benefit of instructors, students, and institutions. As part of the IMS Global team, you will be working with IMS member organizations who are leading edtech suppliers, K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and states around the world to enable better education from better education technology. This includes working closely with educational institutions and school to set priorities and accelerate adoption.
To apply for a position, please send an email explaining why you are a good fit along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
1EdTech Development Manager: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled 1EdTech Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience with the OneRoster specification and be responsible for managing software projects and coordinating delivery of products for the 1EdTech development efforts. Learn more about the responsibility and requirements for this position.
Node.js Developer: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled Node.js Developer. You will be working alongside the other members of the IMS technical team and will bring extensive knowledge of Node.js development to IMS. This role will lead all Node.js implementation work across a range of IMS standards and software; ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. The ideal candidate will strong knowledge of interoperability specifications in general. This position is open to both full-time employees or contractors. Learn more about the responsibility and requirements for this position.
The Development Manager will be responsible for facilitating and managing software projects around the 1EdTech development efforts.The Development Manager will facilitate an agile software development process, be skilled at coordinating internal resources and third parties and develop a detailed project plan to track progress. He/she will provide day-to-day oversight and maintenance of source code repositories, and development projects, working closely with project participants to ensure consistency and quality across the developed software. The development manager should ensure that all releases are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budgeted resources.
- Manage agile software development and systems projects from initiation through completion, and promote project management best practice
- Coordinate with sponsors, stakeholders, and project teams to define and document project goals, scope, requirements, and outcomes
- Provide status updates (both verbally and in writing) to project teams, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Coordinate and plan for the delivery and deployment of products
- Support development effort by writing code, configuring cloud servers and doing whatever is need to ensure a successful product delivery.
- Maintain Github repos
- Focus on and build community providing support and documentation for users.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; 2 of which should be managing an agile process
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of OpenAPI and Swagger
- Experience using and maintaining Github repositories
- Experience with Java, Node.js, and Cloud platforms
- Experience using IMS OneRoster standard or other standards-based APIs
- A quick learner, self-directed possessing excellent problem-solving skills
- Enjoy helping others solve technical problems
- Quickly and efficiently switch focus among multiple concurrent tasks
- Technical support or customer service experience
- Technical writing experience
- Comfortable presenting technical information to technical and non-technical audience
Location is Flexible
IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled Node.js Developer. You will be working alongside the other members of the IMS technical team and will bring extensive knowledge of Node.js development to IMS. This role will lead all Node.js implementation work across a range of IMS standards and software; ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. The ideal candidate will strong knowledge of interoperability specifications in general. This position is open to both full-time employees or contractors.
Specific duties include:
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
- Build customer-facing UI and back-end services for payment processing administration and management
- Code, test and operate node.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Previous working experience as a Node.js Developer for 5+ years
- BA in computer science or similar relevant field
- Knowledge of the OneRoster Specification
- Hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, and AJAX
- Applicable knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, and Closure
- Knowledge of Google Cloud and Kubernetes as well as Docker file creation and management
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to details
Location is Flexible