IMS Global Learning Consortium, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is hiring!
IMS facilitates and leads member collaboration to develop, implement and evolve open interoperability standards and practices to enable a plug & play architecture and ecosystem that provides a foundation on which innovative products are rapidly deployed and work together for the benefit of instructors, students, and institutions. As part of the IMS Global team, you will be working with IMS member organizations who are leading edtech suppliers, K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and states around the world to enable better education from better education technology. This includes working closely with educational institutions and school to set priorities and accelerate adoption.
To apply for a position, please send an email explaining why you are a good fit along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Technical Integration Specialist: IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for a skilled Technical Integration Specialist. This role will work with school districts and vendor partners to facilitate new integrations and to provide support for existing implementations. The person in this role will provide excellent technical guidance and troubleshooting to partners and will understand explicit and implicit partner needs. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of OneRoster, LTI, and interoperability specifications in general. The ability to interface with district and vendor personnel at all levels and technical ability are required. Learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
IMS has a position open for a Technical Integration Specialist. This role will work with school districts and vendor partners to facilitate new integrations and to provide support for existing implementations. The person in this role will provide excellent technical guidance and troubleshooting to partners and will understand explicit and implicit partner needs. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of OneRoster, LTI, and interoperability specifications in general. The ability to interface with district and vendor personnel at all levels and technical ability are required.
The Integration Specialist will own the process of onboarding new technical integrations, including creation of a rollout plans, timelines, and create and manage a knowledge base of integration best practices and FAQs.
Specific duties include:
- Represent the IMS integrations team by facilitating meetings and working sessions between IMS members in support of successful integrations of systems
- Provide technical support in the form of configuration guidance, troubleshooting, and documentation of issues between district and vendor implementations
- Ability to examine and troubleshoot various data set file formats and database import/export issues
- Work with IMS engineers to resolve integration issues
- Create & maintain an FAQ/Knowledge Base to facilitate successful integrations
- Create implementation guides to facilitate integrations
- Create a reproducible integration process and supporting artifacts as appropriate
- Provide training and workshops to help speed implementations
- Maintain program workflow by prioritizing and addressing integration requests
- Collaborate with Program Managers to drive implementation and adoption in districts and schools through consultative integration calls
- Serve as the first point of contact and build key relationships with district and vendor staff to ensure the best possible experience
- Assist with quality assurance testing as needed
- Attend weekly staff calls
- Provide a weekly report shared with all staff
- Provide on average a minimum of 40 hours of work to IMS per week in performance of the above services.
- Extensive experience facilitating and supporting technical integrations in the education technology industry
- Knowledge of interoperability of systems/data
- Experience with GitHub, OpenAPI/Swagger, Slack and other technical tools
- Familiarity with REST-based web services
- Familiarity with security frameworks including OAuth2, JSON Web Tokens
- Knowledge of IMS standards such as Learning Tools Interoperability, OneRoster, Caliper
- Minimum 2 year of professional work experience; experience in an education environment, product support, training or customer service role preferred.
- Ability to prepare data flow diagram and data mapping documentation
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to jump right in and master technical concepts and systems quickly.
- Strong judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with data integration environments
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science or related field
- Mentor others regarding setup and implementation of integration technologies, including internal toolsets, and partner configurations
This is an exciting, fast-paced role. You will be on the front lines supporting critical implementations with school districts. You will drive product configuration and act as primary source of support to school sites across the country. You will also work closely with the rest of our program team to develop strategies that ensure success for all users.