Join the CASE Network Alliance
IMS Alliances are developer communities that ensure interoperability across platforms and keep implementers current on the evolution of a specific set of IMS standards. Alliances were established at the request of the IMS members. IMS members wanted support to make reliable interoperability a reality and wanted to avoid the need for every implementing organization to reinvest in the tools, processes, and interactions to integrate with every platform. In the Alliance, IMS provides this support at a fraction of the cost and, most importantly, steps in on an ongoing basis to resolve issues that arise.
Under the Alliances, IMS provides online support to implement conformant products. When testing is completed, IMS issues a conformance certification mark that IMS stands behind. What this means is that IMS will get involved directly in any issues that arise and work across organizations to resolve.
Joining in the CASE Network Alliance and working through the process in the only way to achieve official IMS conformance certification. The certification program is managed and evolved by current IMS Members. This creates the community ownership needed to achieve high levels of interoperability and earn the trust of buyers in interoperable products.
CASE Network Alliance membership is included in IMS Contributing Membership. It is additional for IMS Affiliate members. CASE Network Alliance membership is available independently for anyone seeking the unique value-added partnership benefits that make CASE Network work for you. Over the next twelve months, IMS and our CASE Network partners will be offering tools and services that make moving to CASE-formatted standards and competencies that much easier and affordable for you.
Benefits of CASE Network Alliance Supplier Membership
- Ability to apply for Competencies and Academic Standards Exchange® (CASE®) Data Consumer Certification *Data Provider Platform CASE Certification requires Contributing Membership. (Data Provider Platform CASE Certification is required to issued content directly through the CASE Network registry software.)
- Certification requires that the certified product will use and preserve the CASE Network GUIDs and will provide IMS with audit access to your system to verify usage of the official GUIDs upon request.
- Promotion of certified products and services in the online product & services catalog for organizations who join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Use of an approved product mark for appropriately tested products in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Receive Competencies and Academic Standards Exchange and CASE Network news updates.
- Access to CASE premium services for consumers such as framework-to-framework crosswalks, resource alignment services and more when available in future releases.
- Listing of support on the IMS website.
- Access to and participation in the CASE specification project group and the CASE Network Task Force monthly meetings.
- Notifications of new test cases and changes.
- Discounted registration fees for the annual Learning Impact Leadership Institute conference.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums.
- Online support to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with compliant products.
- Receipt of the IMS Member Community Dispatch—a member-only monthly newsletter.
Benefits of CASE Network Alliance Institutional Membership
- Access to the authoring and alignment tools provided through CASE Network and CASE Network partners.
- Technical and curricular standards authoring support for authoring standards, frameworks, and competencies.
- Access to and participation in the CASE Network Institutional Leadership Network (ILN) monthly meetings.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||CASE Network Alliance|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$5,000|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||State System||N/A|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Department of Education/
Standards Authoring Organization
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world—many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.