Join IMS Global as an Affiliate Member
Joining IMS Global as an Affiliate member provides access to a community for developers and end-users to collaborate on tools, techniques, and trials of distributed learning products and delivery systems. The individuals and organizations play a key role in providing feedback to IMS and the Technical Advisory Board.
IMS Affiliates are valuable for the purpose of enabling broad participation in the activities of IMS GLC by end-user organizations and for the sharing of best practices in learning technology innovation.
Who Should Join as an Affiliate:
- If you are a product or service company implementing or using IMS specifications you are strongly encouraged to join the Affiliate to indicate your support for open specifications development. In return, IMS provides tools to make implementation of the specifications much more productive and effective and will update you directly on any changes or improvements.
- Affiliation is also for organizations that are end-users of learning technology such as educational institutions, school districts, and the training or human resources units of corporations who are interested in accelerating the development and adoption of the open architecture needed to improve teaching and learning impact
Affiliate Organizations to IMS GLC receive:
- Preferred access to draft specifications.
- Access to Developer & Conformance Certification Resources as Released by Technical Project Groups.
- Access to IMS Alliance resources and conformance certification tests for most IMS Standards*.
- Ability to certify for Caliper Analytics.
- Access to development tools not available to the public such as UML diagrams and XMI files.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS Staff and other IMS members via online forums
- Ability to participate in the IMS LTI Developer's Assistance Program
- Ability to Apply the IMS Conformance Certification Trademark and Registration Number to Specific Product(s) that Have Passed Certification Testing.
- Timely notifications of new releases, Learning Impact articles, and specification updates delivered via email.
- Access to a quarterly meetings and leadership groups not available to the public on the effective implementation of the IMS specifications and new innovations in the learning industry and the state of open specifications and standards for learning
- Opportunities to participate in areas such as government programs, conference events and commercial partnerships.
- The Network is a natural place to find partners or vendors of the components you need.
- Discounts on IMS's annual Learning Impact Leadership Institute, workshops, boot camps and Summits.
- Identification on the IMS web site
- Ability to use relevant IMS trademarked terms on your web site and marketing materials in accordance with IMS guidelines
- Access to an Affiliates Forum for discussion with peers
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums
- Receive the monthly IMS Member Dispatch to keep up to speed on the latest IMS news, workgroup activities, and upcoming meetings
*Interested in Certification for CASE Consumer? CASE Network Alliance benefits are excluded from Affiliate membership. Contact Us.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||Affiliate|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$14,500|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||State System||N/A|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||$3,000|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.