Becoming an IMS Global Contributing Member
IMS Global is working with institutions, suppliers, school districts, and government agencies to develop and bring to market a set of open standards that make educational applications, content, and data plug and play. Contributing Members of IMS Global enjoy broad access to all IMS activities and recognize their leadership role in helping education move towards an open platform to enable greater efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation.
Membership Eligibility & Benefits
Membership is open to colleges, universities, school districts, academic technology suppliers, educational associations, and government organizations.
The terms of membership and IMS' governing rules are contained in our Certificate of Incorporation, the IMS Bylaws, the Technical Advisory Board Policies and Procedures, and the IMS Intellectual Property Rights Policy.
- Joint Marketing Activities, such as Articles, Webinars, Key Initiative Sponsorship and Conference Presentations with IMS
- Opportunity to Promote Your Organization's Face-to-Face Conferences, including Call for Presentations, Via the IMS Community Dispatch and Other IMS Higher Ed and K-12 Publications. Events Promoted Are Ones That Do Not Conflict with An IMS Event.
- Opportunity to record an 8-10 minute product overview to showcase how you are partnering with institutions to transform digital ecosystems. Recordings will be made available via the Higher Ed and K-12 Playbooks (Suppliers Only)
- Approved Use of All IMS Global Trademarks (Guidelines)
- Participation in the Innovation Leadership Networks (Higher Ed and K-12 Institutions Only)
- Annual Strategy Meeting and Technical Update Webinars or Workshops (Higher Education and K-12 Institutions Only)
- Delegate One Representative to Participate on the Higher Ed or K-12 Institutional Leadership Board. (Higher Ed and K-12 Institutions Only)
- Opportunity to Develop App Note with IMS to Highlight How Your Organization is Working with Another IMS Contributing Member to Leverage IMS Standards
- Leadership of Technical Workgroups and Advisory Boards
- Voting Rights on Standards Activities
- Voting Rights & Eligibility for IMS Board of Directors and Subcommittees
- Access to All Workgroup and Technical Resources
- Ability to get certified as a CASE Network Provider and Consumer
- Participation in all Project Groups
- Participation in the TrustEd Apps and Data Privacy Program
- Eligible to be Invited to Participate in Advisory Board Activities
- Ability to participate in the IMS Learning Tools Interoperability Development Assistance Program
- Ability to attend and participate in IMS Quarterly Member Meetings, Developer Bootcamps and Roundtable Discussions
- Discounted registration fees for Learning Impact Leadership Institute Conference
- Access to Developer, Testing and Conformance Certification Resources for a Specific Set of Technical Work as Released by Technical Workgroups
- Preferred Early Access to Draft Specifications as Released by Technical Workgroups
- Apache 2 Open Source License
- Access to the IMS Technical Slack Channel
- Ability to Apply the IMS Conformance Certification Trademark and Registration Number to Specific Product(s) that Have Passed Certification Testing
- Technical Support from IMS Staff and other IMS Members via Online Forums For Member Organization Implementing Standards and Access to the IMS Support Portal
- Member-Only Communications
All personnel and other resource commitments are at the discretion of the member, subject to approval by the IMS Chief Executive Officer. The intent of this condition is to ensure that member activities are coordinated to benefit IMS Global and the member. Benefits realized by any member are likely to be directly related to the quality and amount of personnel, intellectual property, and related resources committed by the member to the project. By committing these resources, a member will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and expertise to the development process, and thus influence the outcomes of IMS Global activities.
Contributing Members agree to the following:
- Abide by the Bylaws and policies of IMS Global.
- Complete and sign a membership application that identifies IMS Global technical, business, and marketing contacts.
- Grant to IMS Global the power to disclose the names and addresses of its members for purposes of complying with the provisions of the US National Research and Product Production Act. This Act provides umbrella protection from US antitrust law for consortium activities.
To Join as an IMS Contributing Member Please Contact IMS:
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||CM|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$55,000|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||University State System||$55,000|
|University State System Office||$15,000|
|Community College System||$15,000|
|Community College System Office||$5,000|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||$5,000|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.