Learning Tools Interoperability®: A Primer
The links on this page provide overviews of the LTI® specificiations.
- Stepping Along the LTI Path - Moving from LTI v1.0 to LTI v2.0
- Or The Yellow Brick Road of LTI. This document provides a summary of the differences between each version of LTI from 1.0 to 2.0 and offers guidance on how and why to upgrade from one version to another.
- Comparison of LTI versions
- A Presentation of the differences between the architecture of each version of LTI.
- Basic Overview of How LTI works
- This document introduces the conceptual foundations and architectural principles that underlie the LTI 1 standard.
- LTI Briefing Paper
- A briefing paper providing an overview of the LTI specification and illustrating the benefits for developers, VLE administrators, teachers and learners.
- Overview of LTI 1.1
- This is a recorded webinar introducing IMS Basic Learning Tools Interoperability 1.1 which is a standard that allows tools to be plugged in to Learning Management System. IMS LTI 1.1 provides the capability to launch the tool and pass user / course / role information to the tool as well as return grades from the tool back to the LMS.
- LTI2 Introduction
- An introduction to LTI 2 and how its architecture is different from LTI 1.
- LTI 2.0 webinar
- A webinar on LTI 2 by John Tibbetts, Vitalsource, 29 August 2013. It provides an overview of the architecture underlying LTI 2, how it differs from LTI 1 and a demonstration of their reference implementation.
- Implementing LTI v2.0 in Sakai
- A recording of a webinar held on 14 August 2013 by Charles Severance demonstrating the implementation of LTI 2.0 in Sakai.