Vocabulary Definition Exchange
The 1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange (VDEX) specification defines a grammar for the exchange of value lists of various classes: collections often denoted "vocabulary". Specifically, VDEX defines a grammar for the exchange of simple machine-readable lists of values, or terms, together with information that may aid a human being in understanding the meaning or applicability of the various terms. VDEX may be used to express valid data for use in instances of IEEE LOM, 1EdTech Metadata, 1EdTech Learner Information Package and ADL SCORM, etc, for example. In these cases, the terms are often not human language words or phrases but more abstract tokens. VDEX can also express strictly hierarchical schemes in a compact manner while allowing for more loose networks of relationship to be expressed if required.
The VDEX Version 1 Final Specification was approved by the 1EdTech Technical Advisory Board in February 2004.
1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange - Version 1 Final Specification - HTML
- 1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange Best Practice Guide
- 1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange Binding
- 1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange Information Model
- 1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange Conformance Specification
Version 1.0 - Final Specification - PDF
1EdTech Vocabulary Definition Exchange - Version 1 Final Specification - XML Examples and Schemas
- Download all the Examples and Schemas (zip file)
Additional VDEX Files
- imscp_terms_resource.xml- For CP v1.2 PD
- imscp_terms_structure.xml- For CP v1.2 PD
- The GMS vocabularies for LIS 2.0 PD are: Exension data-types vocabulary – extensionvocabularyv1p0.xml
- he MMS vocabularies for LIS 2.0 PD are: