IMS Global Learning Consortium, the world leader in edtech interoperability and learning impact, is hiring!
IMS facilitates and leads member collaboration to develop, implement, and evolve open interoperability standards and practices to enable a plug-and-play architecture and ecosystem that provides a foundation on which innovative products are rapidly deployed and work together for the benefit of instructors, students, and institutions. As part of the IMS team, you will be working with IMS member organizations who are leading edtech suppliers, K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and states around the world to enable better education from better education technology. This includes working closely with educational institutions and schools to set priorities and accelerate adoption.
- Product Manager for Compatibility Check and Standards First: IMS Global, the world leader in edtech interoperability and impact, is looking for an experienced Product Manager to support our software application development. Learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- DevOps Engineer: IMS Global, the world leader in edtech interoperability and impact, is looking for an experienced, independent DevOps Engineer to join our distributed development team. This position is 90% remote with travel required 4 times per year, working as part of a small, multi-functional team. You must be confident at working alone, defining your own objectives and deliverables, be a self-starter, willing to ask questions and connect the dots to deliver mission-critical solutions aligned to the organization’s roadmap, business goals, and timeframe. Learn more about the responsibility and requirements for this position.
Job Requisition: Product Manager for Compatibility Check and Standards First
We have an opening for a Product Manager (PM) for our compatibility application.
The PM serves as product owner of one or more of IMS software products, responsible for ensuring these products meet our members, managing the end to end development process for internal and external team members on the assigned products.
The PM will work cross-functionally to take products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business. The PM will break down complex problems into logical and actionable steps that drive product development, collaborating with design, development, and quality assurance teams to ensure unified product vision and exceptional results.
The PM organizes and ensures all releases are delivered on schedule within scope and budgeted resources.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver actionable requirements for prioritized features including corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs for early-stage programs and features
Familiar with IMS specifications and IMS work
- Be an expert with respect to the edtech space and IMS role in it
- Act as a leader within the company, providing strategic vision and direction for the product
- Provide status updates (both verbally and in writing) to project groups, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Focus on and build the IMS community by providing features, functionality, support, and documentation for members
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience managing technology projects; of which at least 2 years should be managing projects using agile /scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Embraces ownership of product and challenges therein
- A quick learner, self-directed possessing excellent problem-solving skills
- Enjoy helping others solve problems, providing mentorship
- Technical support or customer service experience
- Comfortable presenting technical information to a general or technical audience
- Provide on average a minimum of 40 hours of work to IMS per week in performance of the above services. Normal hours of operation are based upon US Eastern Time zone
- Other duties as assigned
- Location is flexible
- You will be working from home
- Willingness to travel on occassion.
To apply for the position, please send a letter of interest and a short resume to email@example.com
Job Requisition: DevOps Engineer
IMS Global, the world leader in EdTech interoperability and impact, is looking for an experienced, independent DevOps Engineer to join our distributed development team. This position is 90% remote part-time to full-time, working as part of a small, multi-functional team. You must be confident at working alone, defining your own objectives and deliverables, be a self-starter, willing to ask questions and connect the dots to deliver mission-critical solutions aligned to the organization’s roadmap, business goals, and timeframe.
- Work closely with architects and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to public clouds
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with APIs
- Manage cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Develop and maintain the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks, and application interfaces
- Provides consultation and assists project teams in formulating solutions
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem-solving skills
- 4+ years of experience in a DevOps engineer and systems administration role
- An undergraduate degree is required
- Solid understanding and experience with Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Helm, and Kubernetes, including experience deploying, monitoring and updating applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with Tomcat, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, monitoring, application security, scaling, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge and experience with Jenkins and ci/cd pipelines
- Strong fundamental knowledge of version code control
- Strong knowledge of centralized log management and monitoring tools
- Solid understanding and application of web services, SOAs, database performance, and networking
- Solid experience in Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management, distributed systems design, multi-region, and geo-distributed deployment
- Ability to quickly triage problems under pressure, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of IMS Interoperability Standards and specifications a definite plus
To apply for a position, please send an email explaining why you are a good fit along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.