EduERP & OneRoster Alliance
IMS Alliances are for the purpose of ensuring interoperability in practice and keeping implementing organizations current on the evolution of a specific set of IMS standards. Alliances were established at the request of the IMS members. IMS members wanted support to make reliable interoperability a reality and wanted to avoid the need for every implementing organization to reinvest in the tools, processes, and interactions to integrate with every platform. In the Alliance, IMS provides this support at a fraction of the cost and, most importantly, steps in on an ongoing basis to resolve issues that arise.
Under the Alliances, IMS provides extensive support to implement conformant products. When testing is completed, IMS issues a conformance certification mark that IMS stands behind. What this means is that IMS will get involved directly in any issues that arise and work across organizations to resolve.
Joining in the Alliance and working through the process in the only way to achieve official IMS conformance. Conformance seals are only issued to and maintained with current IMS Alliance, Affiliate, and Contributing Members. IMS does this in order to deliver on interoperability in practice on an ongoing basis. This benefits large and small organizations alike in creating and maintaining a vital, innovative, and open marketplace for educational technology products!
The Information Architecture for Learning
The aim of the Learning Information Services (LIS) specification is to enable learning application interoperability. The key objectives are to enable the management and manipulation of:
- Information about People - to provide data exchange about people who are participating in learning;
- The enrollment of People on Courses - to control the exchange of information for people attending courses;
- Organizational structures - to control the exchange of information for people attending courses;
- Course structure information - to provide data exchange for information about taught courses;
- Grade-book information - to provide data exchange for outcomes information;
- Batch processing - to provide initialization and synchronization transfer of very large amounts of data.
EduERP Alliance Activities
The EduERP Alliance has been created as a high-value community for product and service developers wanting to be compliant with OneRoster and Learning Information Services standards. The Alliance delivers selected services to the public, but further services are available to subscribed participants with the annual subscription fee varying according to the size and nature of the organization.
Benefits of Alliance Membership
- Ability to apply for OneRoster and Learning Information Services conformance certification.
- Promotion of compliant products and services in the online product and services catalog for organizations that join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Use of an approved product mark for appropriately tested products in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- OneRoster and Learning Information Services news updates.
- Listing of support on the IMS web site.
- Ability to use relevant IMS trademarked terms on your web site and marketing materials with prior approval from firstname.lastname@example.org and in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Notifications of new test cases and changes.
- Opportunity to participate in EduERP Alliance presence at conferences and exhibitions.
- Discounted registration fees for the Learning Impact Leadership Institute Conference.
- Online support for end-user organizations in including requirements for open standards in writing RFPs, tenders, and procurements.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums.
- Online support to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with compliant products.
- Receipt of the IMS Members Dispatch, a members-only monthly newsletter.
Join the EduERP Alliance
Join the EduERP Alliance and begin taking advantage of the benefits described above. Sign up now online.
For more information, contact us.