IMS Alliances are for the purpose of ensuring interoperability in practice and keeping implementing organizations current on the evolution of a specific set of IMS standards. IMS Alliances provide organizations who want access to development resources, testing suites and conformance certification for a specific set of IMS standards to ensure reliable integrations with platforms. IMS provides Alliance members this support at a fraction of the cost of custom integrations and, most importantly, steps in on an ongoing basis to resolve issues that arise.
Under the Alliances, IMS provides self-service support to implement conformant products. When testing is completed, IMS issues a conformance certification mark that IMS stands behind. What this means is that IMS will get involved directly in any issues that arise and work across organizations to resolve.
Joining in the eAssessment Alliance provides access to development resources and certification for the Question and Test Interoperability® (QTI®) and Accessible Portable Item Protocol® (APIP®) specifications. specifications. Becoming an IMS member is the only way to achieve official IMS conformance for these certifications. Conformance seals are only issued to and maintained with current IMS Alliance, Affiliate, and Contributing Members. IMS does this in order to deliver on interoperability in practice on an ongoing basis. This benefits large and small organizations alike in creating and maintaining a vital, innovative, and open marketplace for educational technology products! The certification program is managed and evolved by current IMS Members. This creates the community ownership needed to achieve high levels of interoperability and earn the trust of buyers in interoperable products.
Join the eAssessment Alliance and begin taking advantage of the benefits described here. Sign up now online.
Benefits of Alliance Membership
- Ability to get certified for the standards associated with your Alliance Membership.
- Promotion of certified products and services in the online Product Directory for organizations that join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Recognition of your organization on the IMS members page.
- Ability to use relevant IMS trademarked terms on your web site and marketing materials with prior approval from firstname.lastname@example.org and in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Opportunity to tap into the developers network via the Alliance Forum Access to member-only development, testing and conformance resources for the standards areas associated with your membership.
- Online FAQs to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with compliant products.
- Ability to participate in the TrustED Apps Program.
- Ability to attend the annual virtual Technical Congress to get the latest overview and updates of all IMS technical activities and a preview of future IMS product development.
- Ability to attend member-only webinars and roundtable discussions. Discounted registration fees for the Learning Impact Conference.
- All benefits available to CASE Network Participants upon acceptance of the terms and conditions
- Receipt of the IMS Members Dispatch, a members-only monthly newsletter.
Join the eAssessment Alliance
Join the eAssessment Alliance and begin taking advantage of the benefits described above. Sign up now online.