REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR ED TECH SOFTWARE
It is suggested that an RFP for any learning platform, tool or digital content would include a section with language requesting interoperability based on open standards along with other specific software requirements.
[Institution] is committed to a standards-based, interoperable teaching and learning technology ecosystem.
- The system procured through this RFP must meet conformance certification requirements as outlined in the specification documents for each IMS Global Learning Consortium standard listed below.
- We are requesting [vendor/product] obtain conformance certification by IMS Global Learning Consortium as a [platform or tool] for the standards listed below no later than [specific date].
- The vendor is also required to remain current with the subsequent versions and applicable extensions, and receive conformance certification within a “reasonable” time period for each standard listed below.
- Common Cartridge® (CC®) version 1.3 or higher
- Competencies and Academic Standards Exchange® (CASE®) version 1.0 or higher
- Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI®) version 1.3 or higher
- LTI Advantage
- LTI Resource Search version 1.0 or higher
- OneRoster® version 1.1 or higher
- Question and Test Interoperability® (QTI®) version 2.2 State/Core Profile or higher
- Thin Common Cartridge (Thin CC) version 1.3 or higher
- Evidence of a valid conformance certification, including a current registration number must be provided as listed in the IMS Global Product Directory located on the IMS Global website for each of the above IMS Global standards.
- The system must provide for import and export of data via the Common Cartridge standard.
- [Institution] is requiring the support of LTI core and LTI Advantage and the [platform or tool]. Specify the LTI extensions (Deep Linking, Names and Role Provisioning Service, and Grades and Assignment Services) that each tool or platform supports and holds certification.
- Data generated by student/faculty interaction with LTI provider tools is student/faculty data, whose stewardship is the responsibility of the institution of which those individuals are members. The Platform and Tool providers will provide to the institution a copy of this data upon the request of the institution and in a format, such as Caliper Analytics, specified by the institution.
- Any features of the specified LTI version that are not supported by the tool, or if there are custom parameter substitution variables that are supported, these should be noted explicitly in the RFP response.
- The vendor partner is required to disclose what parameters, variables, and services the tool requires so it can be matched and supported by the tool consumer or tool provider. The partner is also required to disclose optional services used.
- [Institution] is requiring the support of OneRoster version 1.1 including the Roster, Resource and Results services. The vendor is also required to remain current with the subsequent OneRoster versions.
- [Institution] is requiring the support of QTI v2.2 State/Core Profile and when finalized, to the QTI v3 State/Core Profile. The vendor is also required to remain current with the subsequent QTI versions.
- [Institution] is requiring the support of CASE version 1.0. The vendor is also required to remain current with the subsequent CASE versions. All content should be aligned to learning standards using the CASE standard.
- [Institution] is requiring the support of Thin Common Cartridge version 1.3. The vendor is also required to remain current with the subsequent Thin Common Cartridge versions.
- Content must be aligned to standards using the Competency and Academic Standards Exchange CASE-based identifiers.
- IMS Global’s CASE Registry should be used to provide machine readable and web browsable versions of the state standards for use by the platform and by external OER providers to align content to the state standards without having to purchase the data from a third party.