For the health and safety of our members, in place of the August face-to-face quarterly meeting, we are offering a series of on-demand developer webinars over the summer and a live virtual Technical Congress on August 12. The virtual events will help IMS members stay up-to-date on IMS specifications and standards for learning and provide guidance for the effective use and certification of the standards. The on-demand webinars and Technical Congress are being offered at no charge to IMS members to assist your efforts during this time of uncertainty, so together, we can continue the momentum evolving a plug-and-play digital ecosystem to better support teaching and learning.
IMS Technical Congress
Live | August 12, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. EDT
Plan to join us online for the 2020 IMS Technical Congress on August 12. This meeting for the IMS member community will get you up-to-date on our technical work and help you understand what’s on the roadmap. The Technical Congress also provides a forum for members to ask questions of the IMS technical team to assist with implementation efforts.
Topics to be covered during the live event:
- A short overview of specifications evolution and roadmap
- Security Framework update
- Principles of Extensions Framework
- IMS Common Data Model update
- OpenAPI/JSON API/JSON-LD
- Presentation of the William H. Graves Award
There is no charge for the virtual Technical Congress, but prior registration is required.
On-Demand Developer Webinars
Online | June—July
Throughout the summer, we are releasing a set of pre-recorded webinars to help you stay on top of the latest IMS specifications and standards. These 30-40 minute sessions will provide an in-depth overview of the value propositions of the standards, describe when and why to use each specification, explain how the specifications work together, and highlight member-only resources to assist your implementation efforts.
Recorded webinar topics will include:
- Overview of the IMS Specification Suite and IMS Ecosystem
- Using the IMS Security Framework
- IMS Certification using the IMS Conformance Test Systems
- Getting the Most from Your IMS Membership: APIs, Reference Implementations, Code Libraries, and Test Systems
- 1EdTech: Guaranteeing Interoperability in K-12
- LTI Advantage and LTI Proctoring
- Getting Started with the Comprehensive Learner Record
- QTI 3.0 Introduction
- CASE in the Digital Learning Ecosystem
- OneRoster and Assessment Results Profile
- The Latest with Caliper Analytics
Stay tuned for more details on the webinar release schedule.