Cutting Through the Chaos
The world of digital badging is undergoing rapid growth and interest, which is great but with it comes a multitude of voices on how to run a program. This session will give you the knowledge to understand what digital badging is and how it can support your learners. We will also provide an overview of the key players/influencers in this space and what their roles are. The session will provide a structure for individuals to identify who is impacting their own programs and iterate on this throughout the session.
- Sherri Braxton, Senior Director for Digital Innovation, Bowdoin College
- Meena Naik, Associate Director for Skills-Based Learning, Jobs for the Future (JFF)
- Kelly Hoyland, HED Program Manager, 1EdTech
Igniting Workforce Readiness with SkillStack
SkillStack® is a microcertification platform that allows Idaho’s educators to validate career-ready skills, leading to industry-relevant digital badges and college credit. These credentials confirm skill mastery recognized by industry. This year, Idaho students reached a milestone of 50,000 badges! Explore Idaho’s journey and challenges and discover how SkillStack is transforming career and technical education in rural America and providing work-readiness for the entire state.
- Taylor Stump, SkillStack® and Performance Management Coordinator, Idaho Division of Career Technical Education
- Heather Luchte, Director of Performance Management, Idaho Division of Career Technical Education
- Bruce Umpstead, Director, Statewide & Regional Engagement, 1EdTech