IMS CLR Roundtable: Learn & Lead
This monthly open forum for institutional leaders is where you will learn from experts so you can lead a successful initiative at your institution—from planning to implementation. Meeting topics vary each month so that participants walk away with loads of lessons learned and best practices. View the recordings and resources from past roundtables.
New CLR Roundtable
26 July 2021 | 11:30 a.m. EDT
Aligning Industry Competencies and Education to Streamline Career Pathways
The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) focuses on improving education-to-career pathways for adult learners. In this session, CAEL showcases a partnership with Excelsior College and employers like Sargent & Lundy. Their collaborative work identifies the skills and competencies employers need and aligns these needs with education programs at Excelsior College. Our panel shares their lessons learned during this project and recommendations for developing strong partnerships with employers.
Submit your questions in advance to be addressed during the discussion.
- Dan Blickensderfer, Technical Program Manager, IMS Global Learning Consortium
- Christine Carpenter, Senior Vice-President, Engagement CAEL
- Stephanie Cietek, Partnership Manager, Strategic Partnership Alliance, Excelsior College
- Angie Lucas, Director, Energy Providers Coalition for Education, CAEL
- Deanna Myers, Senior Manager, Training & Organizational Change, Sargent & Lundy
- Kimberly Otero, Director of Partnership Development, Excelsior College
Please sign up in advance.
Past CLR Roundtables
- Tips for Collaborating Across Your Institution to Achieve Success with CLR (19 April 2021)
- Aligning Credentials to Learning Outcomes (22 March 2021)
- How CLR is Connecting Higher Education and Careers (25 January 2021)
- Evidence of CLR Impact (7 December 2020)
- Incorporate CLR into Your DEI Goals (2 November 2020)
- Tools to Support a CLR Initiative (28 September 2020)
- CLR: The Impact on Students (24 August 2020)
- Models for How to Strategize Your CLR Readiness (27 July 2020)
- Comprehensive Learner Records: What and Why (29 June 2020)
See the collection of CLR Resources curated by IMS members for higher education.