IMS EdTech Leaders Webinar: Scaling Personalization in a Digital Age
Event Time: 3:00-4:00 PM EDT
Universal Design for Learning guidelines emphasize representing course content in different modalities to increase student choice when engaging with learning materials. However, scaling this kind of personalization can be a challenge. Accessibility issues with digital materials in the LMS also create barriers for students who rely on assistive technologies as well as all compromise the usability of content for all students. We'll look at data from student and instructor usage of Blackboard Ally to understand how we may address these challenges. Data from student usage of Blackboard Ally's "alternative formats" help reveal trends and self-reported benefits of the automated alternative formats, which include HMTL, ePub, Electronic Braille, MP3, and Language Translations. Data from instructor usage of Blackboard Ally's accessibility feedback provide evidence that the guidance can spark instructor awareness and prompt action, helping institutions take a proactive approach to accessibility and inclusive learning for all students.
- John Scott, Product Manager, Blackboard
- Institutional Partner TBA
To register for this webinar:
- Go to Scaling Personalization in a Digital Age
- Click the link "Register" (next to Event Status on the left side of the screen)
- Enter your information into the registration form and then click "Submit"You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the online event.