Wednesday, April 17
1:00pm-4:00pm - Pre-Conference Sessions (Open to all registrants)
IMS Ecosystem Update
Join the IMS Global Learning Consortium member community for a review of the latest initiatives and technical work that are advancing edtech interoperability, innovation, and learning impact.
Thursday, April 18
2:45pm-3:30pm Concurrent Sessions
The Secret Sauce of Consortia: Community Action in Higher Education
In this session, a panel of leaders/facilitators of active, engaged communities will provide insights into effective approaches for fostering community action and communities of practice.
- David Goodrum, Ed.D., Director of Academic Technology, Information Services, Oregon State University
- Cary Brown, IMS Global Learning Consortium
- Noah Wittman, University of California-Berkeley
- Heather Haseley, Northwestern University
- Jill Buban, Unizin Consortium
Friday, April 19
10:45am-11:30am - Concurrent Sessions
Drinking from the Fire Hose: Consuming Data Streams For Analytics
While the higher education community has made a lot of progress in standardizing the production of data from systems on campus for use in learning analytics, much less work has been done to create consistent, scalable mechanisms for consuming that data. This session will explore how existing and emerging standards like Caliper Analytics, xAPI, Edu-API, and others can be coordinated and orchestrated to provide an ecosystem for integrated analytics.
- Cary Brown, Director of Higher Education Programs, IMS Global Learning Consortium