Sharebar?

LTI Advantage: roster and result synchronization

LTI Advantage: roster and result synchronization

Hi,

I'm new to 1EdTech and not sure if this the roght place to ask technical question. I'm working at Digication and we are a tool provider for LMS systems. We are going through the LTI 1.3 and LTI Advantage specs and building the next LTI Tool applications to adapt new LTI.
We have questions on roster and result synching: I understand that the tool can request the Platform to get roster (user, role) from a course, is it possible for Tool to request the roster from all courses (contexts) that associate with the Tool in one request instead of sending multiple requests?
And the same question for result services to get the scores from all courses associating to a Tool?

Thank you very much,

Viktor Haag's picture

Hey Koah,

Hey Koah,

Welcome to the IMS LTI ecosystem. At this time, both the Names and Roles Provisioning Service and the Assignments and Grade Service limit service interaction with one context at time. In particular, there's no IMS-specified requirement on how the endpoint URLs are formed for NRPS and AGS, other than that, in general, they bind to specific LTI contexts.

We could consider future proposals for extension of these services to accommodate for bulk access by tools; to do so, it's useful to get involved with the LTI Technical Working Group and/or LTI Product Steering Committee so you can champion the proposal and help guide it through the process for proposal.

Thanks Viktor!

Thanks Viktor!