Learning Tools Interoperability®: Best Practices
The following resources offer advice and guidance on good and best practices for those seeking to implement the LTI®-related specifications.
- The course copy road to nowhere
- Copying, archiving and restoring courses in a Tool Consumer can cause issues for the LTI links they contain.
- When is a user not a real user?
- When a user launches to a Tool Provider their current role is normally provided, but there is no indication that this might be a temporary role, such as when a teacher is able to preview their course as a student.
- LTI, SAML ... PDF
- This presentation outlines a mechanism by which a user's SSO identity can be made available to a Tool Provider.
- Selecting a user id
- This document discusses the alternatives available to a Tool Provider for selecting a unique ID for LTI users.
- ceLTIc Project Best practice wiki
- Provides a detailed exploration of how LTI works and the issues which arise so as to give you guidance on good practice, if not, best practice.