High-Level Comparison Between the Latest QTI Versions
1EdTech has developed standards that the assessment community worldwide is using to improve learning. Question and Test Interoperability® (QTI) is an open format that enables the interoperability of assessment items and tests. The latest version QTI 3.0 was released in May 2022.
QTI 3 is comprised of best practices from previous versions of QTI and APIP (Accessible Portable Item Protocol) improved and streamlined to provide a standard for presenting assessment content to accommodate all students' needs and preferences.
- Basic support for HTML5
- Accessibility available through the APIP specification
- Addition of Shared Stimulus as a standard interaction
- Better support for technology-enhanced items
- Defined profiles for interoperability and certification
- Improved interoperability and increased consistency of rendering assessment content
- Improved support for HTML5 and other web-friendly markup using web components
- Shared vocabulary for standard presentation/display, including CSS for styling
- Streamlined and integrated APIP & assessment accommodation features added to the full QTI specification
- Better accessibility support incorporating W3C specifications and accessibility best practices
- Computer Adaptive Testing natively supported to adjust to each student’s ability
- Native support for Portable Custom Interactions (PCIs) or technology-enhanced items